Sunday, April 5, 2015


Through reading materials and suggestions from friends, my interests in planting since boyhood were truly enhanced.  An elderly neighbor in the farm, Ma Taco (may he rest in peace; he died last January 2012) advised me once, "continue to plant seeds because there will always be one or two that will grow."  My wife and I made a shortlist of our favorite fruits and plant the seeds.

The first fruits that my wife and I reaped/tasted came from the variety of bananas we planted such as Bungulan, Lacatan, Turdan, and Saba; papayas in 2 different varieties (Red Lady & Sinta); dalandan, rambutan and passion fruits.  Followed by avocados and guavapples from 2-year old trees, and guyabanos and poncan from 3-year old trees and jackfruits from a 4-year old tree.  All fruit trees are flourishing well.  We consume the fruits in various ways of preparations using traditional recipe and innovation.










Through hard-earned savings from living and working abroad helped us fulfill one of our dreams - to have a small farm for fresh produced of fruits, herbs, vegetables, livestock and fresh water fishes.  Fresh produced that we prepare, cook and eat gives us that particular crispness and “yummy” exquisite flavor.  Not to mention about the second thought passing in the minds about the presence of chemicals in the fruits that we eat.

Finally, the farm modest living keeps my charming wife and me to thank God always for the fresh and flourishing fruits, livestock and fish in the farm.  It also give us more time to pray for a newness of spirit, a freshness of faith and renewed appreciation of His richly blessings.

To date, we have varieties of fruit-bearing trees/seedlings, vegetables and herbs planted in the farm, all favorites of my wife.  Every time we see flowers appearing in the plants, my wife and I cannot hide the excitement.  Both of us hope for all the fruit trees to grow healthy and to bear fruits for many years. Psalms 92:14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment